Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A new normal


I can remember when my mom left I thought to myself how can I possibly go on without her. Well you just go to bed and wake up and your still here and you do the best with that day that you know how to.
I miss my morning phone call and the feeling that I had when my family was all gathered together. I miss her holding my kids and looking at them with such love in her eyes. I miss seeing my mom and dad together. Its weird how you get used to things and what you thought was impossible is possible. My mom is helping me I know she calms me down and puts thoughts in my head to help me cope.
I think about that day that we see eachother again and when the pain of her absence with be gone. I can't wait. Maybe it will be sooner than later. Thats a happy thought. Love you mom

4 comments:

Tara said...

seems nobody looks at this blog but me. I had so hoped it would be somewhere that people would visit more often. I guess its just to sad. But I enjoy it.

Tara said...

I just came across your website, and I had to tell you that this is just wonderful!!! I lost my mother to cancer about eight years ago. There is not a day that goes by that I don't wish that I could still talk to her, or feel her hug me again. I also lost my father to cancer almost two years ago. I was pregnant with my daughter (after trying for 10 years). I never thought that my parents would not be here when I had a baby. I know that they see us and watch over her everyday.
Anyway, I just wanted to say this is just so special! I will tell you that the pain of missing her never completely goes away, but it does get easier. The great thing is that it sounds like your mom was as special as mine and you will always have those wonderful memories to keep her in your heart.
Tara from Missouri

Poohbear said...

Tara from missouri... I was thrilled to read your comment. It seems we have much in common, yes my mom passed from breast cancer 2 years ago she was the center of our family and we have really struggled since she left. I am sorry about your parents. Cancer is such an awful disease. Good luck to you and visit our blog whenever you like.

Shannon said...

Tara I love this! Don't think that. More people come here than you would ever think.